Going shopping - precycling
One of the best ways of reducing waste is to take a little action beforehand.
Precycling is the practice of avoiding waste by not bringing waste generating products into the home or business in the first place. Here are some easy steps you can take to become a Precycler.
- Say no to plastic at the checkout. Use reuseable cloth or paper bags
- Stop things ending up in the landfill by buying fewer disposable items.
- Buy products with the least amount of packaging or none at all
- Check any plastic and glass to make sure it is recyclable
- Use e-mail for correspondence and memos
- Make double sided copies
- Bring a “wasteless” lunch using reuseable containers