Conserving water in the laundry
Smart water choices in the laundry can lead to huge household water savings.
Small steps for big changes
- Always match the washing machine water level to the size of the load
- Fix that leaky tap! A dripping tap can waste up to 60,000 litres a year.
- Wash in cold water to reduce energy use.
- Water your plants with water used for hand washing.
Thinking bigger? Why not try:
- Choosing a water efficient washing machine – front loaders are much more water efficient than top loaders.